The biggest historical milestone for the medical community in Penang was the Golden Jubilee, a grand dinner that held at the Penang Club on 30th May 1982 to celebrate the golden jubilee of the founding of the PMPS, it was indeed a watershed in the history. It was a nostalgic occasion, made more poignant and significant with the special appearance of Dr Lim Poh Thye and Dr. Charan Singh who were among the 17 Founder Members of the society way back in 1932. Since the society function almost entirely as a social club, Dato’ Dr V. Thuraisingham initiated more medical educational activities such as public seminar, professional talks, charitable activities and many more to increase the enrolment of members of public. The PMPS has become increasingly involved in the educational activities for the medical fraternity in Penang. The PMPS through committee members Chan Kok Ewe and Ong Hean Teik made a presentation to the Chief Minister Dr. Koh Tsu Khoon on the urgent need for a training medical institution to be set up on the island after University Sains Malaysia was transferred to Kelantan. Subsequently, the government strongly supported the project called the twinning medical curriculum with clinical training locally done in Penang which was presented by Dr Godfrey Geh from Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland. Since the mid-1980s, the PMPS has been organizing continuing professional development (CPD) programs and courses regularly and book publication is another area the PMPS is active.
PMPS came into existence in 1932. Past leaders leading the society have been quite frugal and had managed to accumulate up to a tune of RM900 000 by 2002. It had been the dream of all PMPS members to own a building, call the “PMPS House” and was finally conceptualized in the year 2002. PMPS building now sits on a precious piece of land which is easily worth RM7 million.